Intercultural Training Program
With online intercultural training from Hofstede Insights Japan,
you can take courses at home, in the office, or from anywhere you have an internet connection.
Why choose Hofstede Insights Japans
for online intercultural training?
- Easy-to-understand numerical model
- Cultural differences are quantified in six dimensions based on academic research, providing a data-based approach to comparing cultures.
- Large-scale global research
- Our practical workshops with exercises incorporate examples from a broad range of countries based on 50 years of research and training.
- Skilled & experienced consultants
- Our network of more than 150 facilitators from 60 countries means we have expertise where you need it, when you need it.
Free trial and information session onlineFree Trial Seminar
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.Contact Us
A variety of programs to best fit your needs
Hofstede Insights Japan offers programs to increase your cultural intelligence, whether you are in your first overseas role or are a seasoned global professional looking to strengthen your intercultural leadership skills.
Our basic, advanced, and certification programs can be completed entirely online.
Learn the basics of the Hofstede 6-D model, a framework that allows you to look at culture through a new lens.Basic Intercultural Management Course
Apply the Hofstede 6-D model to various business situations (meetings, negotiations, leadership) and enhance your ability to work globally.Intercultural Coaching Cross-Cultural Advanced Training
Dive deep into the model in this course designed for those interested in joining our global network of experts.Certification Course
Basic Intercultural Management Course
(Japanese course also available) 88,000 (tax included) / person
This training program is based on the work of Professor Geert Hofstede, a leading authority in researching the impact of culture on management.
- Increase cultural intelligence
- Appreciate the impact of national culture on business behavior
- Understand Hofstede’s 6-D model and apply to real-world situations
- Enhance effectiveness in working with Japanese
Module 1 (Day 1)
3 hours (2.5 hours and QA session)
Understand and apply the 6-D model in an interactive session with videos, quizzes, and group exercises.
- Influence of culture on management
- Hofstede 6-D model
- Group Exercises
Module 2 (Day 2)
3 hours (2.5 hours and QA session)
Apply the 6-D model to analyze real life situations and develop a strategy to increase your effectiveness at work (such as communication, meetings, delegation, feedback)
- Individual case analysis using the 6-D model
- Mental Images: Framework for six cultural clusters and Japan
- Personal strategy for effective working with Japanese
90min / session Online English / Japanese 30,000~
One-on-one coaching sessions are available for individuals working in a cross-cultural environment. Clients can discuss real-life workplace and personal challenges and concerns from a cross-cultural perspective. Your session with a Hofstede Insights accredited intercultural specialist will help you determine next steps to move forward.
Based on your business area and professional role, we will introduce you to one of our team of intercultural specialists. You may also request a specific consultant from the Hofstede Insights Japan team page.
Hofstede Insights also has a network of 145 intercultural specialists in 61 countries around the world. It is also possible to meet with a cross-cultural specialist who lives in that country where you have issues. Please feel free to contact us to arrange a session with a cross-cultural specialist.
- We recommend individuals interested in coaching first complete the Basic Intercultural Management Course.
Contact us to schedule your coaching session
Advanced Cross-Cultural Training
This workshop will apply the 6-D model to specific business areas such as negotiations, leading meetings and leadership.Coming Soon
Hofstede Insights Japan, based on academic and empirical research, provides meaningful insights on cross-cultural issues around the world.
While Japan is known as a traditionally homogenous culture, in fact, Japan has become the fourth largest immigrant nation in the world. With over 2.82 million foreign residents, Japanese now work with more and more non-Japanese as colleagues, subordinates, or leaders in the workplace. How can we leverage the power of diversity in organizations and on teams? It starts with a basic understanding of the impact of cultural values on behavior and seeing this as simply “different,” not “wrong.” This is one of the basic principles stemming from the research of Dr. Geert Hofstede. We hope that our work sharing the Hofstede 6-D model will continue to build bridges between individuals and contribute to a better world.